The Therapist is responsible for the provision of quality clinical services to the clientele and programs of Vantage Community Services. This position is for a term of one year with the possibility of becoming a permanent position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct treatment services to a caseload of young people and families in the form of family, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Performs assessments of young people/families as assigned. Provides a written report of the assessment following Quality Improvement guidelines.
- Maintains written records of ongoing clinical work following Quality Improvement guidelines.
- Provides clinical consultation to Vantage programs, as assigned.
- Provides staff training, as requested.
- Provides clinical training to community professionals, as requested.
- Provides training to practicum students and other trainees, as requested.
- Actively communicates with community resources regarding Vantage clientele and programs.
- Performs as a member of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Participates in research and other specialized projects, as assigned.
- Participates in his/her own professional development.
- Participates actively in clinical supervision and has a supervisory relationship with the Manager of Clinical Services.
Masters Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Family Nursing, Child and Youth Care, or a related field. Is registered by and/or seeking registration/certification in the appropriate professional association. Must have current Standard First Aid/Level C CPR, PIC, CYIMand Driver’s Abstract.
Applicants are sincerely thanked in advance for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Competition closes when position is filled.
Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (403) 346- 3225, or forwarded to:
Vantage Community Services 4920 54 Street
Red Deer, AB T4N 2G8