Youth Counsellor – I Outreach Worker (Full Time)
The Outreach Worker is the primary worker for youth at street level and is responsible for the implementation of the Street Ties Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages youth at the street level and encourages the development of an appropriate level of personal and social functioning for each youth.
- Provides youth with information on relevant services/resources.
- Participates in the accrual of data relevant to research goals of the project and program evaluation.
- Provides appropriate documentation of activities.
- Is an effective, mature, and appropriate role model for each client to utilize in his/her growth.
- Provides education and resources to the community with regard to Street Youth and Risk Issues.
- Liaises with relevant community organizations providing services to street youth.
- Participates actively in supervisory meetings, team meetings, retreats, planning sessions, and designated in-service training as required.
- Crisis intervention and counseling.
- Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship with youth in the program through the implementation of the Circle of Courage model.
A diploma or undergraduate degree in Human Services such as; Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or a related field. Related experience an asset. Must have the ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends. Knowledge of community resources would be an asset. Must have current Standard First Aid & Level C CPR, PIC, CYIM, Valid Driver’s License & Driver’s Abstract.
Applicants are sincerely thanked in advance for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Competition closes when position is filled.
Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (403) 346-3225, or forwarded to:
Vantage Community Services
4920 54 Street
Red Deer, AB T4N 2G8